A Center in the Washington D.C. area had a successful Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) re-accreditation survey on December 11th and 12th. Since their initial UHMS accreditation in November 2011, the Center hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) volume has increased by 100%! This growth also resulted in expanding the team from 1 Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT) to three and adding two more chambers for a total of four in the past two years.
- Dedicated, highly skilled Medical Director, Nurse Practitioner, and staff
- Highly supportive administrative staff
- Effective handling of after hour calls
- Strong emphasis of safety
- Excellent record of drills, meetings, competencies, and PI activities
- Strong emphasis on education with a generous tuition reimbursement program
- Outstanding color-coded “Go/No Go” list
- Monitoring the chamber room for both temperature and humidity
- Strategically placed fire pull stations
They also sensed a welcoming and cohesive vibe when they walked through the Center’s front door.
Congratulations and Great job to the entire team!!!